Monday, October 8, 2012

Hope and Romance





I am a hopeless romantic. Contrary to what most people see me for, I am a romantic. I know that for sure. I listen to love songs alot. Not the typical tear-jerking love songs Whitney and Mariah sings but hard-core love songs, hard-core emo kids, dizzy looking men and paint-faced artists sing or shout.See, I am one dizzy,hard core romantic. (LOL)

Recently I met a new friend. His name is Israel. He is a Civil Engineer and has been very handy given all my school works(I'm a Civil Engineer wanna-be). He asked me if I will see him again even when I don't have any more projects that I would need him to do or help me for. Funny he asked me that, I was asking myself the same question. Just last night, I got my answer. When he made me dinner, listened to me whine most of the night,gave me a back rub and sang for me while playing the guitar, I knew I'll see him again. Specially that his cousin told me that I'm always welcome in thier house and I don't have to do dishes in their kitchen, I'll be stupid not to see him again. Damn, I'm romantic.

 I like the way he makes me feel. The way he looks at me like I just amuse him each time. I like that adoring stare, makes me feel likeable. I appreciate that he understands my loonies and puts up with my stupor. It's a relief that he is there when I need him and not when I don't. This thing that we have, whatever it is, it's refreshing.

Yet,distrust is always stronger than romance. So I guess in that sense, I am terribly hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment