Monday, February 22, 2010



Vacation!

Vacations are almost always good...for me at least. Away from the stressful life of the city, away from work, away from "life" and everything that comes with it. It gives me renewed spirit and energy. It reminds me of the good things in life that I can have if I work hard enough for it. It gives rest to my tired heart. It makes me appreciate the world and its beauty and most importantly, it makes me realize just how lucky and blessed I am that I can take one when I badly need it when a lot of people work their asses harder than I do and still cannot take a day off. See, God is really very smart and creative. He pushes me to my limits and tests me 'till I cry but He provides me when an escape...and a really good one at that.

Now going on a vacation with someone you enjoy being with is a huge bonus. So now you know, this isn't just another vacation I'm talking about.

So we went to Tabuelan, far north of Cebu. It wasn't so hard going there, the most tricky part really was having enough patience while waiting at the terminal since it took so long for the van to take off. So if you are planning to commute, bring a lot of patience with you and/or bring someone you can be patient with.

For lack of better things to do, my date and I went around the terminal, held hands, kissed and hugged in public and pretended we were dating in a park and ignored everything else and everyone else...Hmmmm actually we noticed a few people and had good laughs out of them but that's an entirely different story. PDA raise a lot of eyebrows specially those of the old ones...but who cares? It was fun looking at them frown.

So finally after, I'm guessing, 2 hours of travel, we arrived at Durhan's which was a very peaceful place to spend the weekend. It was not the most beautiful place I've seen, not even the finest beach I've been to but it was beautiful. It was, shall we say, special. I've never out that far alone with someone, I didn't know what to expect out of the place and the whole experience so I managed my expectations and they were exceeded enormously... which makes a very happy me.

I have always loved the beach and the waters even though I'm not a good swimmer. (Okay, who am i kidding, I don't know how to swim at all.) We spent most of the afternoon swimming and the rest of it in the room doing a different kind of swimming which I'm sure I know how to do. Anyway, in this particular weekend, sex wasn't the highlight and surprisingly it wasn't a bad thing. Its a bonus though. A good good one. The night was lovely and we spent it lying in the sand, watching the stars and the moon, drinking some wine and talking about everything and anything. It was by far one the most romantic thing I've done. For an hour or so there, I was oblivious to the world. It was like nothing else mattered but that very moment, that very place and that very man I was with. I guess that's the emotion that the movies are trying to extract when they set those romantic dates and what-not...but the the movies always failed. The real deal didn't though. I was deeply... romanced.

I really couldn't describe the whole experience as vividly as I wish to simply because when it's fresh and your having butterflies in your stomach still, it's hard to think and be creative. But everything about it, every tiny detail is etched in my memory. I wish you could take a peek at my brain at see for yourself but this is as far as you can get.

So there you go...that is how my weekend was spent... and I hope you can tell that I had a really good one...if not the best yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment